Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My kitchen bench finally arrives!!

I wasn't able to get up to the house yesterday, and I thought nothing would be happening any way as everything seems to have slowed down a bit.
So imagine my surprise and delight this afternoon to find out that things have been happening!!
The first thing I noticed was that they had finished the cornices and plasterboard in the garage
Image
Image
They have also started with the eaves. Hubby noticed they have done the cornices around the windows, a look that I hate. If it was square cornices I could handle it, but that angled stuff makes me feel like the windows have droopy eyelids.
Image
They finally finished the brickwork *yay* - however he forgot to put insulation between the wall and the brickwork. They replaced a lot of the brown bricks out the front, but he missed one that has a big cross on it.
Image
I peeked through the kitchen window and saw my bench top
Image
So I rang my husband and asked him to come help me break in to the house so I could get a better look.
Warning Excessive Kitchen benchtop photos follow
The benchtop is Laminex Diamond Gloss - White Valencia
Cupboards are Laminex - Charcoal
Image

Image
Image
The right sized pot drawers
Image
The missing piece of benchtop
Image
Hubby checking the range hood works "yes dear now stop playing with it"
Image
Look at the shine! Look how wide it is!
Image
Image
The underside - you'd think that it would be better finished, but it is only going to be seen when your passed out on the floor and then I think the last thing people will be looking at is the gap.
Image

1 comment: