Thursday, October 15, 2009

We have a port-a-loo

We flew back in from Darwin at 6.20 am this morning, it was a long flight with the kids.  I had the day off, but had booked the kids into childcare so that I could get some sleep.  On my way back home after dropping the boys off I went by the block. 

I was delightfully surprised to find them doing the trench work for the sewer,and we have a PORT-A-LOO !! we are a real building site now :)

I spoke to the guys doing the trench work about where they where laying the pipe, I pointed out to them that on there designs they had it going very close along the front of the house.  “Oh he said, I hadn’t noticed that”  so good thing I picked up on that one, otherwise we would be trying to put in a retaining wall to find a ruddy great sewer pipe in the way. 

IMG_0094 IMG_0098

Gee it’s a good thing I paid all that money for a retaining wall with scree and piping and stuff running behind it.  Can you see the scree dug out to the side there *sigh*IMG_0099

They also managed to bury all the orange plastic you can see, that is supposed to be up against the slab.  I am going to have to dig it up again before doing any paving or concreting :(

No comments:

Post a Comment